Delicate products, cutlery requires certain care to maintain its original state for several years. Here are some tips.
A must for any meal, cutlery is one of the most used products in kitchens and family tables, with a high risk of wear and tear.
As a consequence, maintaining the original quality of the products is not an easy task, and there are a number of precautions to take in order to care for cutlery in the best possible way.
- After each use, remove food residues avoiding prolonged contact with cutlery.
- For manual washing, use hot water, neutral detergent and a soft sponge.
- If you use a dish washer, avoid excessively abrasive detergents.
- Separate the knives from the other cutlery and place them with the handle down.
- Be especially careful with the knife blades. Due to their high cutting power, they are more sensitive to oxidation and should be dried out after each wash.
- To restore the original shine and remove stains from the wash, use a soft cloth with a few drops of lemon juice.
- Do not store cutlery in damp places.
- Never use steel wool.